The Children’s Defense Fund - Minnesota invites you to participate in the Beat the Odds® scholarship program by nominating a student.
The Beat the Odds scholarship program honors high school seniors that are working hard to overcome tremendous obstacles in their personal lives, demonstrate academic achievement, and give back to their community.
In order for the CDF Beat the Odds selection committee to best understand the qualities and attributes which make your nominee a candidate for this program, it is crucial to have a comprehensive understanding of him/her. Please complete the following:
- Personal information and relationship questions
- Upload a letter of recommendation. Using the points below, fully describe the nominee and share how he/she has beaten the odds.
- Your reasons for nominating this student including a description of the obstacles this student has overcome;
- The length of time you have known this student;
- A description of how the student has demonstrated leadership skills; and
- A description of any additional personal achievements the student has attained.
We also accept nominations via email, direct-mail, or fax. Click here to download a printed copy of the nomination form and submission instructions.